SPRINGFIELD – An additional 1,173 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 74 deaths were announced Monday at Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s daily briefing Monday, raising the state’s totals to 22,025 and 794 respectively.
One death was announced in Jackson County, a man in his eighties, marking the fourth due to COVID-19 in the county.
Despite the governor expressing optimism from hospitals and experts that Coronavirus cases are leveling off in the state, state leaders believe the stay-at-home will continue for some time.
New cases were announced throughout southern Illinois from various health departments prior to the press conference. Here are the latest:
Jackson County (36 total)
- Female in her twenties, isolated and doing well.
- Male in his fifties, isolated and doing well.
Jefferson County (7 total)
- Female in her twenties, isolating at home.
- Female in her thirties, isolating at home.
Johnson County (first case)
- Male in his twenties, isolated.