CHICAGO – Health officials at Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s daily COVID-19 briefing Monday announced 1,151 new positive cases of the novel Coronavirus and 59 additional deaths in Illinois.
The state now reports 31,508 patients who have tested positive for the virus, including 1,349 deaths. The governor said he’s considering requiring masks in public places, but an order of that nature would be complicated.
Multiple cases were reported by a few health departments in the region Monday as well. Here at the latest:
Jackson County (48 total)
- Male in his twenties, isolated.
- Male in his thirties, isolated.
- Male in his forties, isolated.
- Two males in their fifties, isolated.
The health department also reported one death in the county, a male in his eighties who previously was confirmed to have COVID-19.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County (6 F, 17 W)
- Male in his twenties, likely acquired through a correctional facility setting, isolated at home.
Six individuals in Williamson County and two in Franklin County have recovered thus far, according to officials.
- Female in her thirties in Alexander County (2 total), isolated.
- Male in his twenties, two males in their forties, one male in his fifties from Pulaski County (9 total), isolated.
- Female in her forties from Union County (5 total) tested positive in Pulaski, isolated.