SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – Southern Illinois Strong announced Tuesday several small businesses to receive a grant of $1,500 dollars.
The Southern Illinois legislative delegation (State Reps. Terry Bryant, Nathan Reitz, Dave Severin, Patrick Windhorst, and State Senators Dale Fowler and Paul Shimpf) previously partnered with the Southern Illinois Community Foundation (SICF) to start a fundraising campaign, selling t-shirts, soliciting donations and obtaining sponsorships in order to provide small grants to businesses throughout the region struggling under Coronavirus related economic restrictions.
The following small businesses will receive grants:
- Kite Hill Vineyards, Carbondale
- Cristaudo’s LLC, Carbondale
- The Apple Tree Gift Shop, Murphysboro
- The Waffle Company, Mt. Vernon
- Wildlife Materials, Murphysboro
- Hakuna Matata Kid Care, Inc., Steeleville
- Kruz Kennel Service Inc., Waterloo
- Main Street T’s, Du Quoin
- Mann’s Sporting Goods, Pinckneyville
- Drakes Jewelry LLC, Benton
- Extreme Exigency LLC, Benton
- Midwest Music Supply, Marion
- Tino’s on the Tee, Whittington
- Curl E Q Salon, Harrisburg
- Ned’s Shed LLC, Vienna
- Silver Collections, Metropolis
- Sixth & Vintage Boutique & Market, Metropolis
- Southern Illinois Inflatables LLC, Harrisburg
Grant recipients were eligible applicants chosen at random via a lottery system performed by staff at SICF.