SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday announced 1,624 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 20 additional confirmed deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Jackson County: 22
- Williamson County: six
- Johnson and Franklin counties: five each
- Massac County: three
- Saline County: two (one isolated at home, the other hospitalized)
- Alexander and Union counties: two each Thursday
- Gallatin and White counties: one each case
- All cases (not noted above) are in isolation.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 166,925 cases, including 7,367 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 39,706 specimens for a total of 2,388,193. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 16-22 is 3.4 percent.