SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday announced 1,834 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 24 additional confirmed death.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 31
- Franklin County: 10
- Union County: eight
- Jefferson County: five (two long-term care facilities with one each, three in community)
- White County: four (two isolated at home, one hospitalized, one case status pending)
- Jackson County: four
- Johnson and Pulaski counties: three each
- Hamilton, Massac and Saline counties each reported one each
- Gallatin County: one (hospitalized)
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 200,427 cases, including 7,696 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from August 6-12 is four percent.