SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Wednesday announced 2,157 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 37 additional confirmed deaths.
With 32 new cases, Williamson County has now reported a total of 819 cases of the virus. Only Jackson County has reported more overall in southern Illinois with 879.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 32
- Union County: 10
- Jackson County: eight, one death
- Randolph and Pulaski counties: eight each
- Franklin County: seven
- Perry County: four, two deaths
- Jefferson and Johnson counties: three each
- Saline County: three (two in isolation, one case status in progress)
- Pope County: two
- Gallatin and Massac counties: one each
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 225,627 cases, including 7,954 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from Aug. 19-25 is four percent.