SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Wednesday announced 1,941 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 35 additional confirmed deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 266,151 cases, including 8,367 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 38
- Jackson County: 26
- Franklin County: 10
- Randolph County: seven (four at Menard)
- Jefferson and Union counties: six each
- Hamilton County: five
- Saline County: five (three in isolation, two case statuses in progress)
- Hardin County four
- Johnson and Pulaski counties: three each
- Alexander and Perry counties: two each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from Sept. 9-15 is 3.7 percent.