SPRINGFIELD – State health officials announced Thursday 3,059 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 32 additional confirmed deaths.
Since the pandemic began, 310,700 cases, including 8,910 deaths, have been reported statewide. Jefferson County reported the highest amount of new confirmed cases across southern Illinois.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: 21
- Williamson County: 17
- Franklin Count: 13
- Jackson County: 11
- Union and Johnson counties: nine each
- Saline County: six (four isolated at home, two case statuses in progress)
- White County: five (four isolated at home and one case status in progress)
- Hamilton County: four
- Gallatin and Pope counties: three each
- Perry County: two
- Alexander, Massac and Pulaski counties: one each
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Oct.1–7 is 3.7 percent.