SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) reported 2,838 new COVID-19 cases and 102 additional deaths Thursday. In southern Illinois, health department reports totaled 102 new cases with one death throughout the region.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,155,833 cases, including 19,841 deaths, in 102 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Massac County: 18 (since 2/10)
- Franklin County: 13
- Union County: 13 (since 2/10)
- Jefferson County: 11
- Williamson County: 10
- Jackson and Perry counties: seven each
- Saline County: four
- Johnson and Pulaski counties: four each (since 2/10)
- Pope County: three (since 2/10)
- Gallatin County: two
- Alexander and Hardin counties: two each (since 2/10)
- White and Hamilton counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Feb. 4–10 is 3.9%.
A total of 1,929,850 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 456,100 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities, bringing the total Illinois doses to 2,385,950.
A total of 1,549,108 vaccines have been administered so far in Illinois, including 226,974 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 56,094 doses. 69,029 doses were administered on Wednesday.